We are pleased to announce Pall Filtration have released a new WS09 portable hand-held water sensor.
Water contamination in oil and fluids can cause problems such as additive depletion, corrosion, oil oxidization, reduced lubricating film thickness, microbial growth and a reduction of dielectric strength.
The Pall WS09 Series portable water sensor is an ideal, low-cost monitoring solution for measuring dissolved water content in hydraulic, lubricating and insulating fluids. Specifically designed for use in often remote industrial environments, readings are displayed on an LCD display and can be used as a key component in the predictive maintenance of plant and machinery.
- Water content output in % saturation or PPM
- Temperature in °C or °F
- Plug and play' connectivity
- Simple to operate and calibrate
- Robust housing and sensing probe designs.
Specifically designed for industrial environments the WS09 Water Sensor features a simple thumb-wheel for simple on-site adjustment and calibration, and interchangeable sensor options. The display shows two sensor outputs which can be adjusted to show temperature or humidity.
Water Sensor P/N: WS09DS
Water sensor with optional case and calibration kit: WS09DSC
Probe only: WS09S
The WS04 Pall will continue to support WS04 with replacement probes where necessary. Replacement probe ordering information:
WSPC06 Probe complete with 3/8"BSP fitting (Price in price list already)
WSPB04 Probe complete with 1/4" NPT Fitting (Price in price list already)
Differences from WS09 Features
- Probe can survive free water exposure including free water containing salts.
- Faster response time compared to the WS04.
- Large back lit display for easy reading in dark environments.
- Will only take one set of oil constants for PPM rather than six in WS04 however the constants are stored in the probe not the hand-held and probes can be swapped with out the need for calibration.
- Due to electronics in probe handle, only the metal tip of the probe should not be submersed in oil
- Probe is for sampling at atmospheric pressure. It is not designed for permanent installation in pressurised systems.
- Uses standard AA batteries for easy replacement.
- WS09DSC is standard Water Sensor supplied in larger case that contains the optional calibration kit.
This set consists of humidity standards and a calibration device, carefully designed for use with Pall WS08 and WS09 humidity sensor probes.
The calibration device allows the sensor probes to be tightly installed so that the measurement is not influenced by the surrounding air.
Click here to view datasheet