Primary Fluid Power is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Primary Fluid Power may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2022.
What personal information does Primary Fluid Power collect?
Primary Fluid Power collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
– Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
– Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us or contract for one of our solutions or services.
– Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
– If you respond to one of our customer surveys or enter into a competition.
– If you interact with one of our sales agents, for example at a trade counter, trade show or customer premises.
– We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does Primary Fluid Power use my personal information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes, subject to how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us:
– To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
– To maintain your online account with us.
– To manage and respond to any queries or complaints.
– To personalise messages and content to you based on your purchase history and your browsing activity.
– For market research
– To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
– For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
– To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
– Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
– Because it is in the legitimate interests of Primary Fluid Power and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
– Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
– Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. – We use information about you to tailor your view, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does Primary Fluid Power share my personal information?
– We need to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
Flowtech Fluid Power PLC: Primary Fluid Power is a member of a world-wide group of companies, of which Flowtech Fluid Power plc is the parent company. We share personal information with other members of the Group as necessary to support our services and to improve our customer insights.
– Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf, as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain. On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
– Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request. When you purchase any television equipment, your details will be passed on to the TV Licensing Authority in accordance with the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967.
– Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
– Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
– Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Primary Fluid Power may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Primary Fluid Power, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Primary Fluid Power store my personal information, and how long for?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
How does Primary Fluid Power use my personal information for marketing?
Unless you have opted-out, Primary Fluid Power may send you emails, call or text you regarding products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct marketing about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your previous searches and browsing history and your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
– Update your marketing preferences from the link in our emails.
– Email us at: email@example.com
You may also see adverts for Primary Fluid Power on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited Primary Fluid Power). Where you see an ad on social media, this maybe because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any by calling us 0151 632 9500 on or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please email email@example.com
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.